7 Great reasons to live in Columbus Ohio!
1. Location: Did you know that about 50% of the United States population lives within a 500 mile radius of Columbus, Ohio? Not only are we truly in the heartbeat of America, we have an amazing city!
2. Climate: Although Ohio is in the northern part of the Midwest, the climate is mild compared to neighboring regions. Columbus is also only about 276.4 miles from Chicago, IL. for the road trippers out there. Its central location in the U.S. makes it a great jumping point to go anywhere in the country. I love road trips which makes this is an ideal location from this point forward.
3. Cost of Living: And who knew that the cost of living in Central Ohio is lower than the national average?! THAT, my friends is one of the most attractive reasons to live in Columbus. It also turns out that the Real estate taxes of homes are much lower in Columbus than similar homes in the northeast, or on the west coast. In the state of the current economy, these are major things to look for when buying a home.
4. Youthful: With the median age being in the mid-30’s, the city is growing exponentially. And while the housing market is still in a major slump in most areas of the U.S., Columbus, Ohio is thriving. It turns out that when people make their way to Columbus for whatever reason, they love it so much that they don’t leave. Not a bad reputation for the city, now is it?
5. Medical Care: Columbus also has some great quality medical care, world-class hospitals and reasonable prices. And who doesn’t love the many drive in drug stores, which make buying prescription drugs very convenient. I love drive-thru pharmacies. This way, if you are not feeling well, you can venture out in your PJ’s.
6. Ohio State University: Columbus is also the home of the Big Ten Ohio State Buckeyes. Not only is it one of the premier higher learning institutions in the US, the Buckeyes and their die-hard fans would argue that they dominate college athletic by being the best college football team in the Big Ten. And their statistics don’t lie. They are also projected to be the #3 Seed in the Basketball 2012 Tournaments.
7. Shopping: With its diverse economy, pretty much a requirement to survive the economic windfall, it also has many retail companies based in the city as in Abercrombie, Limited, Express. These companies offer many creative opportunities in design, retail design, or fashion design. The many chef-run restaurants, the locally brewed beers and locally distilled vodkas make this a self-sustaining city.
Columbus is a place where Midwest values meet big city activities. With many great restaurants, excellent health care, phenomenal education system, diverse culture and friendly neighbors, you can’t beat it. What’s your favorite part about living in Columbus?